Donald T. Williams on a Few Facts I Learned in the Holy Land
Two weeks in Eretz Israel. What have I learned?
• An ibex (a kind of gazelle) is small, really not any bigger than a goat.
• Sunset over the Dead Sea turns the mountains of Jordan blood-red.
• Jesus was raised in a small mountain town. (Our bus could barely manage some of the switchbacks going up to Nazareth.)
• The Sea of Galilee would be at home in the English Lake District (minus the date palms).
• A rock badger is neither a rock nor a badger.
• The holier the site, the uglier the churc . . .